10.27.2011

Felt Strawberry Tutorial

Start with about 3" circle. I used a ribbon reel. The two circles you see here will make 4 strawberries.


Cut the 2 circles in half.


Sew your "seeds" with embroidery thread. I used 4 strands. When I make more I think I will try to get
all my "seeds" to go the same direction. I have looked at pictures of strawberries & couldn't decide on whether to use yellow thresad or black thread for the seeds. My husband decided that I needed to use black. I might try it with yellow to see what is looks like. :)


Fold the piece in half (right sides together) sew up the straight side. When your done
turn the right side out.


I failed to take the next picture when you put your polyfil in. oops!
After you have filled the inside sew up the top using the embroidery thread.


Next cut out a top from green felt.


And sew it on! Your all done! yayy they are so cute.


Working with felt is so much fun & I hope to have other tutorials in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment